Monday, February 17, 2014

Millie Rose Double Ruffle Dress Pattern Test

 
I was tickled to be given my first opportunity to test a pattern this fall for the fabulous Millie Rose Patterns. I tested the Millie Rose Double Ruffle Dress PDF pattern and immediately fell in LOVE. The instructions were absolutely spot on and the results were fabulous! The dress looks much more complicated to make than it actually is!
 
I chose to use some bright fabrics for this one- a chambray for the bodice paired with shades of bright blue, yellow, green and hot pink!

 
Unfortunately our weather turned super windy and cold just as I finished it up so pictures were a little bit tough. She did enjoy a chat with this duck though!
 
It looks great from any angle in my opinion ; )

 
And I got to use one of these fabulous large personalized buttons from Pick Your Plum! Millie Rose also offers a fabulous tutorial on adding a button on flower that I didn't attempt on this one but hope to very soon!
 
 
This dress just makes you want to dance!
 
 
Looking forward to sewing up a few more of these as well as Millie Rose's other great patterns!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment