Monday, August 4, 2014

Lily Giggle is back and better than ever!

I was tickled to be invited to do some top secret testing for Lily Giggle's grand re-opening. She has the most wonderful knit patterns full of wonderful tips for sewing with knits and ideas for upcycling!

My assignment- a precious little layered ruffle skirt- the SASSAFRASS! This version has an over skirt so you aren't sewing ruffles for days but it still looks like you did!


I chose to use a mustard knit with ivory scalloped ruffles I found at Hobby Lobby as part of their fall 2014 collection. I paired it with a plain solid ivory knit. Let's all pretend like I ironed the tiny scalloped ruffles to lay down flat before we took these pics ; )



I thought it would be great for layering in the fall- even though we are still in the heat of the summer here in the Washington desert!


The pattern covers sizes 2 through 12. It includes instructions for easily printing just the size you need or all of the sizes nested. How fabulous is that!!! 

The start of the pattern has "quick sew" instructions for you seasoned pros that don't really need the step by step, followed up with the step by step picture tutorials that really walk you through making this skirt easy peasy! It really looks way more complicated than it is to make. 

Run as fast as you can to the newly re-opened Lily Giggle shop at lilygiggle.com to snag this SASSAFRASS skirt pattern and all of her other great patterns revamped and now available once again!




3 comments:

  1. So cute! I love that last photo! Shows lots of bounce to the skirt : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in the Washington desert? Might I ask where? I'm in Kennewick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to live in West Richland so just down the road! We however, moved to Georgia last fall : (

      Delete