Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Brownie Goose Luna Love

I am always happy to test out upcoming Brownie Goose patterns- they never disappoint me! Meet the newest in the BG line up- Miss Luna- a square neck beauty with gorgeous angel sleeves or a longer sleeve option as well- wohoo!


The Luna dress is a flowy swing dress with a square yoke and princess seams. The yoke is a fabulous place for embellishment- trims, embroidery, buttons, oh my the options! 



The back has a functional back opening with a continuously bound placket cut into the skirt for ease of getting on/off. 



The pattern is drafted with elbow length sleeves but there are instructions for adding/taking away sleeve length. The alternate view that I tested out has an angel sleeve that is built into the side panel via the princess seams.




I used a gorgeous Art Gallery fabric from Bari J.'s Splendor 1920 collection called Delicate Sautoir Rose. I love this whole collection. I used fabric from this collection for my last test as well to make the Lauren pintuck shirt & Evie shorts.





Luna starts at a 6-12 month size and goes all the way up to 12 years. She is a generous fit due to her flowiness. I opted to do a tunic length- there are instructions for adding or subtracting length given in the tutorial so if you prefer tunic length go for it!



Head on over to the Brownie Goose shop to snag your copy of Luna once it is released! Happy sewing!!! <3 <3 <3



No comments:

Post a Comment