Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Lovely Lily by Made for Mermaids

This was my first time testing for the fabulous Megan of Made for Mermaids and it certainly did not disappoint. I have several of Megan's patterns that are staples in my facebook shop Three Penguins. I love the wide range of sizes she typically offers and her clear tutorials. I was tickled to sew up the Lily romper which is Made for Mermaid's newest release- just look at that sweet back for summer- swoon!


I made the size 1 bodice for my tiny 3 year old and mashed with the size 3 length to get the perfect fit for her tall thin body. I opted to do the romper version in the longer shorts length. Please note that the pattern also includes cut lines for a shorter length if desired. I used one of my favorite Lecien floral prints from One Red Blossom Fabrics along with some vintage ivory eyelet from my collection. <3


We are in the middle of some really cold weather so there was no way we were headed outside for pictures, but this will be perfect come summertime! The romper has elastic at the waist along with a sash tie that wraps around to tie at the front.




This pattern is loaded down with SO many options:
- top
- short dress
- maxi dress
- romper
- shorter romper length
- optional snap placket for rompers
- optional buttonhole elastic for adjustable fit
- sizes 1/2 to 14




The Lily pattern is available in sizes 1/2 to 14 with all of the options above. It is also available in baby sizes from newborn up to 24 months and includes 2 romper lengths, dress length and a top with bloomers. The baby sizes are a separate pattern from the girls sizes. And don't forget there are also 15" and 18" doll patterns available! So you can also sew for the little ones in your little ones life. <3





Go out and grab yourself a copy of the Lily dress & romper pattern starting Tuesday and show us the beautiful things you create over on Megan's facebook page- Made for Mermaids and in her pattern group: Made for Mermaids Pattern Group!

No comments:

Post a Comment