I chose to use an ivory sateen for the bodice with a pale pink Kona cotton layered with vintage cluny lace for the waistband, and the same mustard interweave chambray by Robert Kaufman for the skirt that I used on the Schoolhouse tunic by Sew Liberated I made for myself recently.
The pattern has options for both the dress that I made and a lovely blouse version. The blouse is written to have a button/loop closer at the neckline and the dress is written for a zipper. Amy does a wonderful job at explaining the zipper installation for any first timers! I wanted the best of both worlds- I just adore that back neckline with the button closure AND I adore that pleated skirt, so I opted to do the dress version with a button closure.
Ok so a few important things to note about the pattern:
- Sizes 6-12 month up to size 12 (size chart included)
- Chart for materials needed
- Digital pattern pieces organized by color/size
- Quick print guide for printing only the pages you need
- Optional tutorials for lengthening a curved hem (on the shirt version), lengthening sleeves, and alternate construction for sleeves
- Optional tutorial for adding a bow to the blouse or dress
- Glossary of sewing terms used in the pattern for those new to sewing
This fabulous pattern will be available soon for purchase in the Brownie Goose shop on Etsy. I promise it will not disappoint!