Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Lovely Lennon - a pattern test for Brownie Goose

We all know I have a love for all things Brownie Goose- and Amy's latest creation did not disappoint! I am always thrilled to get the opportunity to test for her! The latest from Brownie Goose is the Lennon- and let me tell you she is fabulous! She has a beautiful bias rolled neckline, pleated skirt, & a gathered sleeve- swoon!

 
I chose to use an ivory sateen for the bodice with a pale pink Kona cotton layered with vintage cluny lace for the waistband, and the same mustard interweave chambray by Robert Kaufman for the skirt that I used on the Schoolhouse tunic by Sew Liberated I made for myself recently.
 
 
The pattern has options for both the dress that I made and a lovely blouse version. The blouse is written to have a button/loop closer at the neckline and the dress is written for a zipper. Amy does a wonderful job at explaining the zipper installation for any first timers! I wanted the best of both worlds- I just adore that back neckline with the button closure AND I adore that pleated skirt, so I opted to do the dress version with a button closure.
 
 
This may not be the best option for everyone- it does make it a little harder to get on/off but I adore the look! One of the other testers suggested doing a short zipper and then the opening so that you get the best of both worlds- FABULOUS idea for those of you that want to try it out!


Ok so a few important things to note about the pattern:
- Sizes 6-12 month up to size 12 (size chart included)
- Chart for materials needed
- Digital pattern pieces organized by color/size
- Quick print guide for printing only the pages you need
- Optional tutorials for lengthening a curved hem (on the shirt version), lengthening sleeves, and alternate construction for sleeves
- Optional tutorial for adding a bow to the blouse or dress
- Glossary of sewing terms used in the pattern for those new to sewing

 
This fabulous pattern will be available soon for purchase in the Brownie Goose shop on Etsy. I promise it will not disappoint!
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment