Thursday, July 3, 2014

Rompin' Around in the Hummingbird Romper- a pattern test for Rabbit Rabbit Creations

I was thrilled to be chosen to test for Austrailian pattern designer Rabbit Rabbit Creations. This was my first time to test for her- although I do own and love several of her other patterns. When I first saw the testing call I thought my daughter would be too big but luckily once I checked the size chart she fit right in!


I tested the size 1 for my super thin 3 year old. The pattern includes instructions for tailoring the size to fit your child- adding length to a smaller size bodice if needed. The bodice of the Hummingbird romper goes together like its big sister pattern the Hummingbird dress which is a must have if you don't own it yet!


The pattern includes instructions for the basic construction as well as some great "extras":
- Adding a flutter to the straps
- Adding a snap crotch
- Fully enclosing the bodice seam


I chose to use some gorgeous Japanese Lecien fabric I have been saving for just the right project paired with a simple ivory kona cotton and cluny lace added to the bodice and straps.





I thought it was adorable on the hanger- but really loved it once we put it on!


What the pattern includes:
- Sizes Newborn to 3
- Pattern pieces in color by size
- Step by step instructions with pictures
- Optional add ons: flutters, snap crotch, hidden bodice seam


We had fun romping around out in the desert in our Hummingbird Romper! Available for purchase in the Rabbit Rabbit Creations Etsy shop starting 7/4/14- hopefully!




No comments:

Post a Comment